In a relationsip, Is romance considered a need or a want?

What do you think.

My man is not romantic at all, although he means well. He does not have the slightest Idea.

He will say baby, I got you this for christmas, or I am going to surprise you tonight... HUH!!!!!!! LOL< Is my man the only one?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Romance is nice and I would say a relationship or marriage needs it to survive.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Talk to him...are you wanting a surprise or thoughtfulness? I mean, what you wrote is kinda of vague.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Neither, we don't expect romance in our marriage. But, it just happens sometimes on it's own & that is when it s most appreciated & special.

What do you think romance is? What do you expect out of your husband romantically?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I feel it is a need and a want, to keep the love alive you need some romance..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think its needed but I also think its learned.
    My DH isn't really romantic either but he knows sometimes I need that so he trys.(I put try because he doesn't usually succeed but the effort is there and that all you need sometimes)
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If you are going to surprise me don't tell me...

I want a little romance, what do you want for your birthday, what do you want for christmas, what do you want for valentines day. OMG< i might as well go out and buy it.

I am always greatful for everything so it really shouldn't matter, right, box of chocolate, flowers, maybe a nighty, for the both of us. LOL :)
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think romance is a need to keep it going.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had to learn to accept romance in the little ways that it comes. My husband is definitely not good at the movie romance. He once brought me 3 dozen roses and I almost fell over dead! And then he said, "A woman I work with got them at work from her psychotic ex-husband so she told me to take them." Hahahahahahahaha!!!! If he hadn't told me, I never would have known, and I could've gone ahead and fallen over dead at the gesture. But I learned that there is romance in his changing the baby for the last time each day and carrying him to his bed. There is romance in his unloading and reloading the dishwasher while I'm in the shower so that he can snuggle with me on the couch for a little while. There is romance in him mowing the lawn all summer long because I cannot stand the heat. You just have to change your mind about what romance is. It'll be a lot more fun to look for it than to have it right in your face, I promise!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• romance would be nice but i gave up on it..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• just dont give him an answer when he asks what you want...say I dont know, suprise me...my husband was like this when we first got together and I just told him that suprises and gifts were more special when they were actualy a suprise and he didn't have to worry about what he got cause I was gonna love it since it was from him...he doesn't ask what I want anymore and although he has come up with a couple things that made me giggle (me "it's a.... toaster??" him "you said the other one doesn't cook right anymore" ) they are always sweet and gifts he has been paying attention to things for a while in order to pick out and I love that he makes the effort to suprise me
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2011