Should I be worried...maybe tmi for some

I am having a really heavy period and actually feel lightheaded. So not fun especially since I want to do stuff around the house... i haven`t even showered yet and I feel yucky but dont even have the energy to do that...

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• only if its heavy for more than 4 days i would be worried. i would just make sure you eat..drink lots of water and maybe some juice
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• oh, and take it easy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Unfortunately, this is my normal, so I can't really help. But I hope it gets better for you. Don't overdo it if you're feeling dizzy. Eat some protein, a little extra iron. Rest for at least 15 minutes and see if that helps with the dizziness.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i have this same problem.. well i did until i decided to get on the depo shot. which btw means i dont have periods anymore. =) but, when i did have them, they were constantly bad, migranes, fatigue, the whole nine yards. all you feel like doing is laying where you sat down in the first place. and sometimes i would feel dizzy and lightheaded as well. its absolute torture, i feel for you man. my doc reccommended the shot just because mine were so bad. maybe you could do the same?
    ChiefJaws

Answer by ChiefJaws at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ty. i was getting periods every 2 weeks for awhile.. it bites not to have insurance.
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• maybe it`s peri menopause haha. Im 38. yeah I`m resting now. taking another break..
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I also did Depo for a little while. I didn't have periods, but I gained 100 pounds in 12 months and then I couldn't get pregnant for 5 years, so...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• When mine started getting heavy like that, it turned out I had fibroids on my uterus. I had a hysterectomy,and the pathology report also showed I had endometriosis. But, I was already done having kids. I do know there is a procedure they can do,not as invasive as the hysterectomy to lighten the periods. Hope you feel better soon. Bless your heart.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• if you continue to feel lightheaded throughout today and into tomorrow i would think about making an er visit. or if you go through more than 4 pads an hour i would get checked out.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Start taking iron. Take it with food and get this stuff called slow fe it is easier to digest. Won't cause tummy upset.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011