Credit Report?

I had a medical bill that went to the collection agency. I paid on my account they told me that it would be on my credit now. She said if I keep paying it they would take it of my credit.I was wondering was she telling the truth or just to keep getting the payments. I was 3 months late but I caught up today.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• You want that in writing.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• They can report to the credit bureau, but in the end they need to report that you paid it off. I would check my credit report after I finish paying them. But medical bills... I really do not know if they go on your credit report.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• She told me that I would have to write them a letter when I pay it off so they can take it off.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i was in a deadly car accident, and had to get an attorney, due to not being at fault (woman hit me head on in my lane). the attorney took the settlement amount from her insurance and worked with the hospital about the bills. (hosp. bill $60 thou, insurance gave $50 thou) but somehow they missed a bill. just recently a collection agency called me, with the prob. when i contacted my attorney, they said they would take care of the problem they missed, and she told me not to worry when i asked about my credit. she said that medical bills do not show up on your credit.
    ChiefJaws

Answer by ChiefJaws at 11:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• OK, but you still need there part in writing before hand.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• When did that start medical bills are on my credit now.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We had a big incident between our insurance and doctor's office. The insurance didn't pay about $700 they were supposed to have and it went into collections. We have also had a mix up at the hospital where an extra account had been created by accident so while we were paying the only one we knew about the other was sent to collections. Both of those times the stuff did in fact show up on our credit report. Anyhow... being that the first was a mistake on someone else's part and wasn't actually money owed by us we were able to appeal it and get it removed. It did involve writing a formal letter though. It was a while back and my husband took care of it, but I believe it actually required a letter to all of the credit agencies? idk... Make sure you get full instructions from the collection agency so you get it done right.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Hi Get Excited & Stay Excited!  I will tell you this if anything gets sent to collections, it gets reported on your credit report... it does not matter what kind of bill it is.  You are entitled to 1 free report every 12 months and you can request it from sites like freecreditreport.com... I actually have a very affordable company who went in and cleaned up things on my credit for me, you can check them out just to see if its something you could use/ get advice from: http://approtection.info I do hope this helps you out a bit.  Feel free to PM me if you still need help.  ~Blessings...

blessed2behome

Answer by blessed2behome at 6:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2011