Is it ok for a 5, almost 6 year old to get baby fed, dressed and baby talked to by their grandmother?......

My fiancee just says it doesnt hurt anything, and he still wont talk to his mother about how it offends me and how im trying to parent our children. Now they act and expect every one to baby them. I personaly dont know if im over~reacting...and i right or wrong that this is NOT okay to do durring this learning period for them... ????? HELP.

20andPregnant90

Asked by 20andPregnant90 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh God NO. I would have a fit if either grandparent treated my children like that. It IS harmfull to the child.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You're not wrong. I'm constantly telling my mom to stop doing it to my son, who's 4 and a half.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Tell her you do not find it okay that she babies them if you do not tell her how will she know? GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree- hes not a baby by 5 he can do alot on his own and should. Its not good for him
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No, and the schoolteachers won't appreciate any of that either.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't think it's harmful. Just make sure your kids are aware that you do not baby them in your house. You need to make sure that your house has very different rules.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No, it is not okay. Let your MIL know that this is NOT how you raise your children and she's not going to be allowed to do it any longer.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• im not sure if it's ok, but my mom is the same way. more-so with my oldest (4 years old) than my younger two. but somehow my 4 year old knows how to separate her special treatment at Nana's and with me and other people. she does not expect it anywhere else. but whenever im at my mom's with the kids.. i literally cringe at how my mom baby's her. i just let it slide cause i know they have this special bond that i was not able to get right away at birth.. i had high blood pressure and was strapped to the hospital bed for 32 hours on a magnesium drip, and she had breathing problems and was stuck in the nicu. so i couldnt get to her and she couldnt get to me.. forcing my mom to be the middle man.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree,no more baby talk. They will be made fun of or bullied in school!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• not ok
    can granma learn to play with child at age related play
    maybe she needs to hear of ideas how to have fun with child htat is age appropreiate
    next time she is around, can you have a plan , let her know she is loved by child and she can read a book, play dolls, play blocks, play dough, something that is helpful at this age

ignoring bad actions of grandparent and redircting play (works with toddlers-sometimes, maybe will work with grandparent too?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011