If your pregnant with your first baby, and you have two step kids who are 5 and 7 how would you feel emotionally?...

20andPregnant90

Asked by 20andPregnant90 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure about the step kids part...but I do have a 7 and 5 year old and I am 35 weeks pregnant...they are all mine though.

I would surely have feelings for the older kids, since they are my SO's kids and will be the brothers/sisters of my baby....

It would surely be harder than having all 3 just be yours..
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Happy. You are pregnant!!! And they are going to have a new baby brother or sister!!! YAY!!!!

My step mom had her first baby in February. My little sister is 21 years yonger than me, 19 and 18 years younger than my other sisters and 15 years younger than my brother and WE ALL LOVE HER TO PIECES!!!!!

And to us she's not a "half" sister to us...she's just our little sister!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thank you for the comments =]
    20andPregnant90

Comment by 20andPregnant90 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't have married a man who had children unless I loved the children as well, so I'd be excited about adding a new addition to our family.

I'm sure however that it would be overwhelming to go from no children to 3 children, so I think I would look for some great support to help me with the transition. Maybe join a mom's club, or just look for other local moms with young kids to support each other, it makes a big difference to have that kind of friendship. Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Man you are lucky if the biomom is not in their lives bc you can just be yourself and have the kids as your very own but you will love all of them the same (no favorites) in my case I have an exwife to deal with...ugh! Yeah when you marry someone with kids already they pretty much go with him EVERYWHERE no matter the situation...My dh just spent 1000.00 on his dd vehicle I don't like it but what can you do I have known her since she was 4 yrs. old and now she is 20 omg where did the time go...you'll b saying the same soon, kids grow up so fast so love them while they're little they are so cute once they are grown you continue the love and let them fly away...:( GL
    Make the best of it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well I had a step DD that was 10 when I had my first baby with her dad...I didn't feel anything but happy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My oldest is a stepson but I have been there since he was 8 months old and his bio mom was in and out for the first four yours and we haven't seen her in the last three at all...I know when I got pregnant with my first bio child he was two and had just turned three by the time she was born and everything went well this time is harder he is 7 now and his sister is almost 4 and she asks questions about the her pregnancy like "did I make your tummy sick when I was in there?" or "what food did I like when I was in your tummy?" and I think he feels left out...so I tell him lots of when you were a baby stories I dont know it works out...just do the best you can and make sure you love all your kids it it will all come out in the wash good luck
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• well funny you shoud say that i did ok that baby now 2 and my step kids now 7 and 9
    i think i went threw ever emoshen in the book but my boy loves his big brother and sister and i had a new son 6 months ago lol
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011