If a mother chooses to formula feed, for whatever reason, how does it affect your life?

I'm just wondering, since so many women on here seem to think it's their business to force EVERYONE to breastfeed, no matter what!!

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 11:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• it DOESN"T!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I like this! Bump!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It doesn't, my boobies my choice.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Um it doesn't. I don't let other peoples choices affect me lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• bowing downi agree with you!!!!!

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• because those particular mothers are stupid. my fiance is one of 6 children. all of them were ff except for one, the youngest who was bf for 9 months. all 5 of the older siblings are healthy, never sick, SKINNY, and intelligent and all were ff. the youngest bf one is sick all the time. i've never been around her when she isn't sick and i'm with them a lot. seriously the only difference between breast milk and formula are the antibodies and a babies immune system will obviously form fine w/o them
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes I see you have mastered the what bob does approach. I like your post it makes my day and so much sense as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It doesn't affect anyone but the mother and baby, it's no one else's choice but theirs. It goes both ways, though. I get just as much crap for nursing as other moms get for formula feeding. All that matters is that the baby is being fed.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree w/ luv, my boobies, my choice! I TRIED to BF, but i never produced enough milk supply, and it HURT LIKE HELL lol. I ff both my girls, and they're healthy and SMART!!!!! I don't think someone should force a woman to BF, as it is A HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER than FF, there coems alot of restrictions to bf. like FREEDOM!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It doesn't, that's why it doens't bother me, just as long as she's feeding her baby! (I actually get jealous of moms who can breast feed for a year, since I couldn't).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2011