Top ten political lies of 2010. Do you agree?

I have to say the first one is off mark.
The biggest political "lie" of 2010?

The winner is: the Republican assertion that ObamaCare is a "government takeover of health care." A website called PolitiFact based this on the votes of 4,000 of its readers. ABC's "Nightline" featured PolitiFact's editor, and "Nightline" reporter Jake Tapper heartily agreed this was the "biggest lie of the year." Tapper, normally pretty sane, concluded the piece by saying, "Way to deceive the public"!

2. Ninety-five percent of "working families" received a tax cut.
3. ObamaCare will "bend the cost curve down."
4. The tea party is "racist."
5. The $800 billion "stimulus" funded millions of "shovel-ready" jobs.
6. Stimulus "saved or created" 3.5 million jobs
7. There is a "consensus," according to the White House website, that the stimulus plan "pulled us back from the brink of economic disaster."
8. The 111th Congress was the "most productive" since -- pick one -- the New Deal, LBJ's Great Society or the beginning of the republic.
9. Bush-era "deregulation" caused the Gulf oil spill.
10. Guantanamo Bay will be shut down in 2010

http://townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2011/01/06/top_10_political_lies_of_2010/page/1

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Pretty much agree
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughterdo I add this sweet pea or this one?

going crazyLies? They were all lies?

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Nope.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 11:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree with number 1 and 10 . Where did you get this information? number 5 is debatable on the number. Other then that it's all bull.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• going crazy^^^^See........................Lies? what lies? I don't see no stinkin' lies.....................

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• LOL, jewjew. I knew that when I posted it.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well at least mommom agrees number 9 is a lie.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• So many lies, so little time to rate them. I agree that many of them were really big whoppers, but I don't know how they rate.

I do find myself wondering why 'We have to pass the bill to find out what is IN the bill' didn't make the list.  I mean, is the woman incapable of reading content that hasn't been blessed signed by Obama?  Seriously, I thought their job was expressly to read the content of bills before voting one way or another.  If you don't read it, you have no way to know what's in it and therefore can't cast an informed vote.  I guess congress is exempt from common sense.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I thought Obama himself admitted that there were NO shovel ready jobs. How could money have gone to pay for something which doesn't exist?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• LOL jewjewbee!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011