Part 2 manager and employee blowout

The manager told me and another girl not to say anything that happened because she could get in trouble for not writing him up. What do u think?

dancer

Asked by dancer at 11:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• So the options are do nothing, or go over her bosses head to try to get him in trouble? Do nothing. Now if his superior asks, that's a different story.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would not only say something, I would make sure you told that she asked you NOT to say something. The general manager or business owner needs to know these things are going on.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Do you value your job? I would protect myself in this situation, not someone else that DID do something wrong.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• She's not worried about getting fired for not writing him up, she's worried about getting fired for yelling at him in front of customers. If I owned the business, or was the manager I would want to know so that I could handle the situation. I wouldn't want to lose customers, or my best employees because of this kind of behavior. Unless this has happened before she probably wouldn't get fired, but would be given some instruction, and an opportunity to handle things better in the future. If she did get fired, she actually did 2 things wrong then, yelling, and not writing the employee up. Odds are she's afraid the employee will say something about the yelling in front of everyone if she writes him up!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You said in the other post it was the third time something happened. I think they should both be fired.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011