When you had your miscarriage...how did it start?

I'm started having pink spotting about 30 minutes ago. Now I'm having cramping in my lower back and across my abdomen.

Is this how a miscarriage starts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes,sorry! How far along r u?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I was asleep when mine started. The sharp, sharp pains woke me up, in my abdomen. Then I didn't have any spotting at all, it was like a very heavy period with lots of clots. I would contact your ob/gyn, this may be something else!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• About 6 weeks. :(

Should I just go to the hospital?

I can't believe this is happening. I'm so upset. I want this baby so bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes,go to the e.r. Keep me updated. o.k? All my prayers for u!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Call your doctor and see if you can get in to see him immediately. I had several miscarriages, but my youngest son, I started hemorrhaging ...not just spotting, after 6 weeks, and the doctor put me on bed rest and progesterone. I had a healthy 8lb. 12 oz. baby boy. Call your doctor right now, or go to emergency, and I'll be sending prayers and love.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We were at walmart when mine started, i had really bad cramps all the way home. Then I started bleeding really bad so I went to the ER and they told me to take it easy for a while. So sorry for your loss but if they don't find anything wrong then you can always have another one later. And I agree i would call your Dr or go to the ER. Good luck !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thats how mine started :( Im sorry. I would go to the doctors!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My first...I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was blood. I never really cramped that much but I did lose the baby.I was 10 weeks. I ended up going to the ER because I started bleeding heavily and I was afraid I was losing too much. All they did was give me an ultrasound and left us in a cold, uncomfortable room. I was an emotional mess and I really just wanted to go home. The bleeding was "nothing". My second, I actually felt my "water" break, there was a small gush of fluid. When we got home I went into the bathroom and was bleeding. I lost that baby too at 8 weeks. Call your regular doctor and see what they want you to do. Do what makes you feel right. It could be normal....some women bleed throughout their entire pregnancy and the cramping could just be from growth. Call your docto and I really hope this works out for you.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had one at 5 wks. It started by spotting, but it was brown blood (which is old) & I thought maybe it was due to the pelvic exam they had given me at the doctors. That's what the nurses on the phone said. Then the blood went from brown to pink to red & got heavier & came with some cramping. That's when I knew I was miscarrying. Red or pink blood is new blood :( I'm sorry for you!!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011