aunt problem inside...

any ideas on how to get rid of them?

kayleeanddylan

Asked by kayleeanddylan at 11:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• What kind of ants?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• R u talking about aunt the relative or ant the insect/
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I am assuming you mean ANT?!?! try those plastice things you put on the floor tey worked great for us we had the huge black ones
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Cinnamon. Sprinkle it around where ever they are coming through.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• For an ant problem, get some of those ant traps and place them around and keep all of the water around your sink dry if that's where they are coming in at, some are attracted to water instead of sugar. For an aunt problem, well, that's a whole different story. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• thankyou sorry i would have been back sooner but im still very new to cafe mom and didnt know how to get back haha
    kayleeanddylan

Comment by kayleeanddylan (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I hope it is AUNT b/c I can relate!

For ants, Terro Ant Killer is the best, but it is challenging to find. I had a really bad ant problem last spring and the plastic things weren't working so I stole my mom's stash of Terro since I couldn't find any. You just have to be extra careful to keep it away from children and animals.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 11:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• What I have learned was unless you get a exterminator them crittors keep on coming. LOL, so I would use lysol with bleach every night, wipe down the counters and etc.

Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Have the uncle take her home? Sorry, lol, had to!

The best thing I've found is to keep them out in the first place. Look around outside and see where they are coming in ~ you'll see the marching line. If you don't have pets or small children, you can pretty much use anything. I've used red pepper flakes, black pepper, sugar/borax mixed together, and just plain old Dawn dishwashing liquid over the years. All of those help, but the best thing to do is find out what they are after inside and make it unavailable. Wipe your counters, clean good around doors, windows, and cabinets, etc. If you have pets, don't leave food out 24/7 ~ at least until the ants are gone ~ or put food bowls inside a pie pan of water (unless you have pets like mine that thought their food bowl became a toy!! lol).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I've heard of sprinkling salt around where they are coming in from. I guess they won't touch the salt or something.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2011