Favorite songs for kids...

What are some of your favorite non-traditional songs to sing to your children?

Mine are This Little Light of Mine, Eternal Flame, How Much is That Doggie in the Window, and Somewhere Out There (An American Tail).

bugfin

Asked by bugfin at 11:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• I sing Such Great Heights (The Postal Service or Iron & Wine) and Do You Realize (Flaming Lips) to my kids all the time. They absolutely love both!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Baby of mine from the movie Beaches. I've been singing it to them since conception.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Um never did like "kids songs" Of course we did itsy bitsy spider and junk like that. But my kids songs were ACDC, Greenday, my daughter loved Godsmacks song "Voodoo" lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You picked some good ones I sang Little Light of Mine, and I remember as a child listening to How much is that doggie in the window
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thanks! Doggie is my 2 year old's favorite. He requests it every night before bed. I am just trying to find some new material for my daughter.
    bugfin

Comment by bugfin (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i havent really sang any songs to my baby boy but i do like itsybitsy spider twinkle twinkle
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• When my preschooler was a baby he use to love Bingo was his Name-o, I'd use his name instead of Bingo and mommy instead of farmer. Now he likes to sing spongebob squarepants songs especially goofy goober. Veggie Tales too, The Cheeseburger Song, Bellybutton, Hairbrush song.....
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011