Paragard - I have a question

I just replied to another post about Paragard and it reminded me of a question that I wanted to ask. Something that may sound silly, but I really am worried about it. Reading the pamphlet it says that there are strings that you have to check to make sure that the IUD is still properly in place. Does those strings being there effect sex or the IUD during sex at all? Any other complications regarding those that any of you have noticed?

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 12:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• Nope, I've had mine for over a year now, and hubby said it felt kinda funny at first, but it doesn't seem to effect anything. ;)
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Doesn't effect anything. My DH cannot feel them.

not to be gross, but most of the time, the string gets wrapped around your cervix. No, you don't feel that either, it'll loosen its self. The only time your DH/SO may feel it, is if he's fingering you. And, that's highly unlikely...my DH has never felt it.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• nope. the strings feel like floss. I haven't heard of anyone being able to feel them during sex and sex doesn't effect the IUD. My husband says he hasn't been able to feel them either.
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Um, my dh complains of being poked in the head with it, being the strings poked him. My other partner, has no complaints whatsoever about it. I can only think the difference is in length of the guy. So if your dh is a shorty in the shaft you might want to tell them not to trim the strings too much so he can glide past them and not get head poked. But to trim too short, you might lose the strings.

As always, discuss this with your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Thank You, Ladies!! That information is a lot of help!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Comment by JazzlikeMraz (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011