Hypothyroid and infertility?

i was dx back in june 07 and at the time my TSH level was 5.46
i was put on 25mcg and it brought me down to a 3.08 over about 8 months time.
i have an appointment with a thyroid specialist august 15th to have an ultrasound done on my thyroid...(enlarged)

ive been reading a lot about thyroid related infertility and was wondering how important having my thyroid antibodies tested really is? cause no one seems to want to test them because my thryoid is "normal"

also ive read a few places about women not being able to conceive with their levels over 2.0 even though they are considered "normal"

i know i need to ask my docs about this but i just needed to ease my mind a little...a month and a half is a long time to think about this stuff.LOL

thanks

__________________
ttc#1 7yrs
kim(25)
chris(34)
dx hypothyroid in june 07

MiraclesDHappen

Asked by MiraclesDHappen at 2:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• I am not sure of any statistical or medical information regarding fertility, but I have had hypothyroidism for many years and was able to get pregnant twice with no problems.

I wish the best of luck!!
    mrs.thompson328

Answer by mrs.thompson328 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If you want to try this, Kelp helps with hypothyroidism. Do not take it with dairy though. Take it either 30 minutes prior or an hour or so after taking anything dairy in the morning. I took it for I don't remember how many months, and when I got tested, my level was 1.93. That was in February. I should go get them rechecked, but at this point, I don't think it's as much of an issue as the PCOS although that seems to have gone into remission also. Good luck! Keep us posted please!
    NBDickinson

Answer by NBDickinson at 2:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have Hypothyroid and on Medication - got Pregnant and had a Normal Healthy Pregnancy! I just had to take the meds while pregnant and they monitored my blood level more. Never had any problems. -and the baby was NEVER effected!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If you are a christian there is a site that discusses all kinds of health issues and you can just put your condition in the serch and read all of the entries or make your own post if it hasn't been covered and they will give you natural advise. If you want me to reserch a natural remedy for you just e-mail me and I will suggest the best I know of for your condition.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 11:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2008