Stripping / Prostitution

By all means, no i'm not either l0l. But I have a friend who is a stripper, and she has 3 children, one on the way. She stopped stripping once she started showing she was pregnant.

My question is,...do you ''agree'' with this kind of lifestyle, or I should say would you judge someone if it was there lifestyle, if it was there only way of making money to support there family/children? I ask because my friend gets criticized all the time, but this is the only way she can put food on the table at this moment. I see prostitutes all the time in some places around here, I know most need to support there own habits, but i'm sure there's a few just trying to support there child/ren.

sorry if this offends anyone, i'm really just trying to see if people look down on a woman for doing this for there KIDS, not for anything else.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would do it in a heart beat if that was my last resort. I don't think I would have to worry though, they would pay me to put my clothes back on.Lol
    Anonymous

• Talk about degrading... lets not call breats "tits" mmmmkay anon?
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Would I do it nope and I would look down on prostitution 100% because its way risky and against the law.

But I could care less if they want to strip, If they can do it more power to them. They are doing what they have to do to support their kids. I am sure if they had a degree in something they would do that but since they don't they are making money and not trying to get handouts or asking someone else to take care of their kids...... I have known a couple of strippers and its not like they leave out the front door in a g-string when they kiss their kids goodbye.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• First of all, I think there's a huge difference between stripping and prostituion. I don't agree with prostitution but who am I to judge those who feel that's all they can do? While I'd never become a stripper either, and I hope that the women whom I love and respect in my life would choose other routes I don't think there's anything "wrong" with it. I personally don't understand how a woman could be okay with men oogling her naked body while throwing cash at her, but again, who am I to judge? As far as a stripper with kids, as long as there are no "bring your kids to work day" I don't see how having kids would make a difference. Granted, those kids are probably going to grow up with some interesting opinions/views of their mom!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't believe any mom would not strip if their kids were starving to death and that was their only answer at the time.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i wouldn't be a prostitute (more than likely), but stripping wouldn't bother me. i understand it's for a living and as long as there are people to pay there are people to strip. i am seriously proud of ANY woman who puts food on her child's table instead of giving up and letting the government do it. you can't blame the stripper, because it's not HER fault people want to pay to see her nude. as far as prostitution goes, i don't care if you are one, but if you're doing it illegally you're breaking the law and that's not ok in my book. if it's legal i'm fine with it. supply and demand.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't exactly "agree" with it, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have a sister who goes back and forth with stripping. I find it distasteful and immoral. At the same time, I love my sister and I don't judge her as immoral for trying to feed her daughter and pay for an education. It's a tough subject.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't agree with prostitution. Stripping, I'm not sure about. Personally, I would rather make money other ways... but just because a person is a stripper does not mean that their children need to know about it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• LMAO @ the 3rd anon! im right there with you, id be paid to put my clothes back on too!

anyways, prostitution i really dont agree with. first off it's illegal, what kind of lifestyle is that? these men pay you to do whatever they want you to do, and who knows what kinds of diseases/infections you're going to bring home. stripping is less degrading and atleast it's legal, but not much better. im not one to judge though, whatever it takes to make money for your kids. i just hope this would be a temporary thing until she can find a better, less degrading job. and i certainly hope the kids have no idea what she really does for a living.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011