uhhhhg.

i dont know what to do about my bf.
we've been together off and on for almost 2 years.
but there has been alot of damage in the time,
like him calling me names, and breaking up with me every week, when i was 7 months preg, calling cops on me and lied because he wouldnt leave my house. almost got put in jail, i was 8 months pregnant, WITH HIS SON !
he tried to commit 'suicide' twice weeks before our son was due, never really tried just acted like it. missed our sons birth, because he was in a rehab ?? he hasnt used drugs for 3 years, used ONE night , and decided to leave us, been away ever since, between rehabs and halfway houses.
he only helps with my son saturday nights, at his moms.

hes my sons father, but my son knows no difference between him and any of my friends that visit him even more then his dad.

do i stay or go..
if i go, how do i do it?
i've tried, and it kills me.

ohhowilovemyson

Asked by ohhowilovemyson at 12:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• LEAVE HIM. It's abusive behavior and you and your child deserve better than that.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Um, sounds like a pretty clear answer. Get away from him and stay away.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's time to go. I have been there and it doesn't get better... It's best for you to learn to love yourself, and stand on your own without a man....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Your son does not need that type of negative behavior in his life. It is poison to him as it is to you. Be strong and do right by your son. Good luck!!

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• it's time to go. Leave now while your son is small and doesn't know the difference. Do not put him or yourself in that mental abuse situation any longer. Life is too short to 'wait' on someone to change. He may change, he may not. But in the meantime, your job is to protect your son and take care of you. You must remain strong. Set boundaries and don't budge from them.
    disposablemom

Answer by disposablemom at 12:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• do i stay or go.....GO? like leave him, leave home? YES leave him like yesterday!
    if i go, how do i do it? how? just make your mind up that he is not a healthy person for you or your child
    i've tried, and it kills me. most likley because you are a codependantin his behaviors/addictions , you can not cure him-you know that, be healthy be yourself

be free!

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i would go and tell him to come back when he grows up
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You can do this! Just doesn't sound like a healthy environment for you or your son and your baby is definitely your first priority! Look into your resources and make some moves!
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 1:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Leave and concentrate on your son that is way to much drama for any person much less a new mpother. good luck.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Children are like sponges. could you live with yourself if your son started doing this to you or his girlfriend?
    Protect him as well as yourself. You have to find the strentgh to walk away. This IS NOT LOVE!

From experience there is so much help out there for single mom's. Do you have family around (parents) to help?
    It's not easy without help from ur family but it can be done!!! Nothing is ever easy anyway-especially relationships.
    Keep yur head up and don't let him or anyone push you around. take controlof your life for ur son. You CAN do this!
    God Bless-
    1happyeverafter

Answer by 1happyeverafter at 2:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011