Homemade bread recipe??

Hi! I am looking for a good homemade bread recipe. Trying to change a few things in our diet, cut out some processed foods. Honestly can't do it all but I figure every little bit helps.

So does anyone know where I can get a recipe for bread, for sandwiches and toasting mostly.

choco_mom

Asked by choco_mom at 12:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Do you have a breadmaker? I made up a recipe for our breadmaker, which I use every single day. I have people literally ask me to make bread for them.

3 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
    1/4 c. flax meal
    1/4 c. steel cut oats
    1/4 c. quinoa
    2 Tbsp. amaranth
    1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
    1 tsp. sea salt
    2 Tbsp. brown sugar
    1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
    1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
    1/4 c. honey
    1 1/4 c. warm milk
    2 tsp. active dry yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions (mine is all dry first and then wet, and I have a yeast dispenser). Bake on whole wheat cycle.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Also, I add or take away various grains and seeds according to what I have on hand, etc.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ohhh that sounds yummy but i don't have one. I am considering getting one but not sure when.
    choco_mom

Comment by choco_mom (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You should be able to do it from scratch in your oven too. I just don't know the process. If you know how to bake bread I'm sure you can figure out the mixing and kneading, etc.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Allrecipes.com has lots of bread recipes
    Anonymous

• Artisan bread in five minutes a day method. You mix a big batch of dough, don't knead it, just mix it and leave it set. Then, you use the dough to make bread, crackers, pizza, whatever. You don't need all the special equipment, start by forming the bread onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then shoot the whole thing right onto the oven rack for the last ten minutes of cooking.

If you have questions pm me, and google artisan bread in five minutes a day website for the recipes, I can't give you a link right now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011