Homemade bread recipe??

Hi! I am looking for a good homemade bread recipe. Trying to change a few things in our diet, cut out some processed foods. Honestly can't do it all but I figure every little bit helps.

So does anyone know where I can get a recipe for bread, for sandwiches and toasting mostly.

choco_mom

Asked by choco_mom at 12:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Visit the King Arthur Flour website. They have an extensive library of bread recipes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Ok, thanks. I"ll check that out.
    choco_mom

Comment by choco_mom (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Google the kind of flour that you want to use. For ex., homemade bread recipes using wheat or coconut flour-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree with sisteract, be sure when you google you put in what type of flour you want to use.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sisteract makes an EXCELLENT point....I find that each bread recipe I've been given comes out different due to different flour...
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sisteract seems to have already answered this one very well.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• another good recipe site is allrecipes.com
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i agree with allrecipes.com... i find a ton of stuff there... i buy frozen bread dough... it's about $0.50 for 5 loafs after coupons at my grocery store, and the ingredients are the same as i would have to mix at home... to me it's worth it... $0.10 per loaf is as low as you can get making it yourself really.
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011