is it wrong for teens to have babies at a early age?

cutie89

Asked by cutie89 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• can of worms

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well, it certainly will make life more difficult than it already is or needs to be for the teen and for the baby.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, it is wrong. Babies having babies, wrong on so many levels.
    Anonymous

• Not wrong. Just not ideal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I dont think its an ideal situation for the mom or child, but it does happen. I was a teen mom, so was my daughter. I wish I had waited longer so I could give my child a better life financially, and myself the ability to be a teenager and then young adult. It worked out for me, and so far for my daughter, but we were both broke. I know my daughter wishes she could have waited even a year so she didnt have to struggle with school, work and motherhood.

Answer by gemgem at 12:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would say it is definitely hard and puts a lot more obstacles in their way, but I've known plenty of people that come through with flying colors.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• its not exactly right, is it? i mean teens' bodies are still growing, they're bodies aren't ready yet for all the stretching and other things pregnancy does to it not just physically, but emotionally. then comes the lifelong responsibility of taking care of a child and yet still being a child yourself, not having finished school or having a secure financial plan yet.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think they are giving up their freedom and chance to find out who they really are before taking care of someone else for the next 18+ years of their lives. A lot of them haven't even been out from under their parents thumbs yet and have no idea about the real world.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i dont think its right for a teenager to TRY and get pregnant, but i wouldnt say its wrong for a teenager to have one
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes. There is a reason teens are considered "juveniles" not to mention teens under 17 who get pregnant are considered high risk because their bodies are not yet completely ready to bear a child.
    Anonymous