weight loss question need some answers!!!

Okay girls i started a new years resolution, if i work out 5 days a week, an hour a day and keep a diet of 1500 calories a day can i loose 20 pounds in 4 months! i am 20 years old 5'5 i use to weigh 127 very thin and toned body now in the last 5 years i have gained a lot of weight i weigh 168 now! i need to loose weight for summer i want to be at least 140 by summer do you think this steady diet of mine will help me achieve my goal...please comment ..thank you very much and god bless!!!

godislove715

Asked by godislove715 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Your BMR is 1597- which is the least amount you should consume.. if you are going to work out that much, you would use the formula: 1597*1.55=2475 ( the # of cals you need to maintain)..to lose 1 lb per week, you need to decrease that number by 500...so, 2475-500= 1975. You need to consume between 1597-1975 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week.
    Pm me if you want more information....
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 1:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i think you can do it, that is just a tad over 1 lbs a week. If you stick to it, i think it's certainly possible. Good Luck!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I really think that if you keep it up and not stray it can be done, consistency is the name of the game here, good luck!!!

Answer by older at 12:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think you can do it!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think its doable... but I think its a fairly large goal. Dont they say to break it down smaller so that it looks and is more achievable?
    I'm hoping to loose some weight too for this new year. I'd like to loose in neighborhood of 40lbs total. But I'm not trying to focus on the lbs... instead, I'm focusing on working out 3 days a week, eating better, not eating so late... and hopefully taking off 3lbs a month. I know it'll take forever at that rate, but I'm hoping to surprise myself and do more.... therefor being even more motivated.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 1500 calories is not enough if you are going to work out 1 hour a day. your body will prevent itself from losing weight. 2000 calories a day is ideal to lose the weight
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Good luck, the main thing is make a plan and stick to it!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011