Was the MSM a little more lenient on the dems?

I just have to say, the general cries today are kind of jumping the gun and a bit whiny, don't you think?

So far, I've checked out yahoo politics...and it seems very anti-Pub already.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it silly since Republicans don't hold enough of a majority in both houses to do much. They only have a majority in the house. I don't know if I personally remember such uproar over instilling a balance of power.  Seems a little greedy to me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• They usually are.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• LMAO...

No....

Please show me what "WHINY" is?

and what is anti pub?.....

Examples...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Eh... just hit the Yahoo politics page... It's very "this isn't what they said they were going to do!" One piece was about how they were going to trim a billion dollars from the budget this year, but can't because the gap budget was written way too high to allow that trimming till next year...and of course, it's the pubs fault. They lied. When they made the promise, they didn't know that the dems were going to write such a high budget going so long into the year, and it would have been more appropriate to take a "wait and see approach" instead of yelling Bad Republicans, Bad!
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Another one was about posting rolls for committees to hold members accountable for showing up, but they want to wait until they have the schedule ironed out so that committees aren't meeting at the same time, and they are being called liars...
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm not entirely surprised, although I am a little if it's coming from the MSM. I know there were people that expected Obama to do things immediately after taking office, as though he didn't need cooperation of congress to get anything done. They seemed like whiny babies at the time, and the ones that are doing it now are proving themselves just as whiny as the other side was. I think it's pretty funny since I understand that the balance of power will require both sides to work together to get things done. That's how it's supposed to be. It's greedy to want total control.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• There are several pieces here...

http://news.yahoo.com/politics
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

•  "this isn't what they said they were going to do

They didn't....so...truth is bashing now?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's very "this isn't what they said they were going to do!" One piece was about how they were going to trim a billion dollars from the budget this year, but can't because the gap budget was written way too high to allow that trimming till next year...and of course, it's the pubs fault

Its the pubs fault BECAUSE of the things they SAID during the campaign....

sweet-a-kins

• So then you agree Obama is a liar then, Sweet. He said he was going to close Guantanamo, reverse the Patriot Act, provide universal healthcare and so on. But even after months and months of a super majority, Guanatanamo is open and it's now okey-dokey OK to hold them indefinitely, the Patriot Act has been expanded and universal healthcare turned into a weak everyone buy healthcare, unless you have a waiver, lol.
    Anonymous