Where do you think the idea of Heaven having gates came from?

I mean, are we all just waiting around to live in some gated community in the sky lol?

Ever see that guy on comedy centeral? St. Peter is at the gates of heaven...the dearly departed asks why the gates? St. Peter says, well we were having trouble with kids sneaking in and using the pool...it was more or less a safety issue. Yeah, it was a big project, had to go all the way to hell to hire a contractor lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus loves me yes I know bc the bible tells me so....
    Ever heard of that song in Sunday School...from there I just believe when we die we'll see what happens.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• To prove only a select few will get in and to keep those who aren't part of the few out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
    Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It came from the ruling elite that control closed minds by opening small doors to an enormous universe. That's why Jesus needed keys, lol!

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011