VBAC...

Has anybody had a successful VBAC? (Vaginal Birth After C Section).....I want to hear your stories! I'm hoping to be able to try to do so with my next baby....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I DID!!! I had a wonderful doctor that encourages and supports VBACs!! I am so glad that I chose to do it. I was in labor for 23 hours but it was worth it not to be cut open again. Luckily I had not only my husband there but my SIL to cheer me on and help support my decision. They stood up for me when my doctor was starting to think that all hope was lost and that I would end up in another c-section. If a VBAC is what you want, please do your research and find a doctor that will support your decision. A lot of doctors are against VBACs due to insurance issues and that teeny-tiny less than 1% chance that you will have uterine rupture. Check out www.vbac.com for a lot of GOOD info on it! :) Good luck!

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I did too. I had an emergency c-section with #1 but since it was nothing that would keep me from having a VBAC I really wanted to try. Everything went fine, no problems at all!
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I did! I've had 2 c-sections. My last birth was vaginal. I did have a homeborth though, no doctors are supportive enough for me to be willing to risk using them. And I don't care for doctors. Interventions weren't something I wanted.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2008