Religion vs Faith vs Relationship...Which one do you have?

re·li·gion
1. beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
2. system: an institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine
3. personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by

faith
1. belief or trust: belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof
"I wouldn't put my faith in him to straighten things out."
2. religion or religious group: a system of religious belief, or the group of people who adhere to it
3. trust in God: belief in and devotion to God
"Her faith is unwavering."

relationship
1. connection: a significant connection or similarity between two or more things, or the state of being related to something else
2. behavior or feelings toward somebody else: the connection between two or more people or groups and their involvement with one another, especially as regards the way they behave toward and feel about one another
3. friendship: an emotionally close friendship.

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 12:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I have to have faith first that God exists and that Christ died for me then i have to have a relationship with them and religion is nothing i will never claim to be religious. i have faith and a relationship in the one true God. People who are religious live by man made laws and expect every one to act a certain way, their way. God gave everyone a diffrent personality a diffrent way of worshipping him. He loves his creations and never made any of us competely alike, therefore i don't fit into any religious sec.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 4:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i have all 3...but relationship is first, then faith, then religion. i think faith and religion suffer greatly when you dont have a relationship. i cant have faith in someone/thing i dont have a good relationship with and i refuse to worship/believe in something/one i dont have faith in. my relationship w/ God sets my trust in God, and my trust in God sets my life style.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have faith in the God, a relationship with Him (and hopefully all of His creation, ie, my fellow man), and I often act out that faith/cultivate my spirituality often through religion, though I don't feel religion is necessary for the other two to exist in someone and I tend to reject much of what institutionalized religion teaches (orthodoxy, doctrine, etc) in favor of a more personal understanding.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Amen Sug!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My religion...Love
    My Faith...Self
    My Relationship...open and universal
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• @obbydobbie...

high five

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• faith and relationship. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would say that I have all three. They do not have to be mutually exclusive.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• all 3
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011