Interracial Dating....Is it still frowned upon?

I married outside of my race and use to date other races.
Growing up as a "Military Brat", color was never an issue and everyone was mixed with something. Every school i attendended i was always the only black in the class.

Most people (espesially black men) think i had a problem with my own race and dated interacially out of spite. this is not true. My mom and dad have been married for 41 years (both Black). I think it was because of environment. I got along with everyone and was able to adapt to my ever changing surroundings. I never dated or liked someone because of color. For me their insides is more valuable than the outside.

Today i still get those "stares" occasionally and wondered how far we have come since 1989.

1happyeverafter

Asked by 1happyeverafter at 1:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• i think society has come a long way since then, i remember in the neighborhood i grew up in as a child there was a couple that lived a few houses down from me, a white man and a black woman. he never went anywhere with her. that poor woman had to stay indoors all the time because he was embarassed to be seen with her. this was back in the early 90's. now you see interracial couples everywhere and it's not such "taboo" to most people anymore, although, there are still those select few that have a problem with it, and there will always be someone who does. there will always be someone somewhere who needs something to judge about.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I am the product of an interacial couple and my father is biracial and my mom is white so my ex is white and our kids are biracial. I pay no attention to those stares life is too short for that crap do what you do and let them look silly alone.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011