omg my son hurt my feelings last night.

so we were doing a family get together last night and it was a good time. my kids got up at 630am and neither one had a nap. (ds is 3 and dd is 2). well the get together didnt start till 6. so by the time everyone got there the kids were in horrbile moods. by the time things were done it was about 745 and i got son changed in to jammies. then he throw the biggest fit. telling me to to home and leave him with his wita(my mother in law). told me im not living with u anymore.
so i said well im sorry u feel that way but i love u and ur my son so ur coming home with me. to which he said I HATE U. omg i about died. hubby did nothing mother in law just told him to respect me.
what would u all have done

knagsmom

Asked by knagsmom at 1:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ((HUGS))) this always hurts the most the first time I would have said I still love you.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It is a phase. The first time it happens it cuts like a knife. Just tell him how hurt u were and not to hurt mommy like this again.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• oh this isnt the first time its always like this at my in laws when he is there. he loves being with his grandparents but even though we live 4 blocks away doesnt see them often because they work
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ya we had a nice chat this morning about it. i told him he hurt my feelings and he didnt like when his feelings got hurt so he needs to not hurt mommys feelings
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• he is only 3. u cant hold it against him or take anything he says to heart! dont worry
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• where did he learn to say that?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i dont know where he learned it but man when i find out agggggggggggggg
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• At that age they'll say anything to get their way don't take it to heart..you did good what you said to him just keep giving him positive vibes don't let him sense that he hurt your feelings or he'll never learn how to pick up on negative vibes. Just let it go and talk to him like remind him of that night and that you really did not like the way he acted as far as tellling u he hated you I know he is little but kids are smarter than you know ask him how would he feel if mommy always said I hate to him? GL It is only one of those phases.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011