If you could change one bad thing that happened last year what would it be?

I would pick my boyfriend not dying.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I would pick my little sister doing dying, she was 25 and was in a really bad car accident that took her life, she has 3 kids, and it turned our whole family upside down, everyone is fighting for the boys because she was in the middle of a divorce the grandparents are fighting and my other little sister and I are fighting not face to face but the tension is there, because we are different states, she wont let my nephews come out here yet and they are more my nephews than hers considering she was only her half sister and my full blooded sister, a lot of resentment and I did her hair make up and nails for the funeral because it was an open casket, and they never even thanked me, if they did i didnt hear them which can be the case when youa re standing next to the corpse of your baby sister who looks like she should be able to get up and hug me and walk around. death sucks and its very hard to get through it alone
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• id prevent the oil spill from happening. it caused damage to the Gulf, to ppl's livelihoods, re-opened wounds from Katrina, injured wildlife, caused chaos in a very fragile ecosystem, and who knows what else. and on a much less serious note it ruined a lot of ppl's vacations which caused a lot of areas to lose tourism and it cost the country a lot of problems.

im sorry for all of y'alls losses this year. death is never easy, especially when its an unexpected accidental death. my thoughts are with y'all and your families.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would have spared the people of Haiti.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• and not doing dying I mean not dying, sorry for the typo, i couldnt type fast enough to get my feelings out there on this one
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would pick my father not dying in a car accident. A 17 year old who tested positive for drugs blew a red light in his mother's SUV, t-boning my father and killing him instantly. He wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. It happened on Thanksgiving evening.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• my little sister died mothers day, sorry to hear about your dad and boyfriend, things happen ya know, i know it doesn make it any easier but its life and sometimes life sucks. i do things for my sister now to keep her memory alive, my sister was talking on her phone she dropped it unbuckled and crashed, so now i have only done it once but i want to do it every year and raise awareness on distracted drving and how it kills, and started a donation thing for the boys so they can be ensured a better future because i know thats what my sister would have wanted, i talk about her to everyone and buy her gifts still
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My MIL's boyfriend passed away on Christmas eve, I considered him my FIL and if it were not for him my husband and I would not have been able to move out of state and start our new lives, he also paid for our wedding and aloud it to be held at his home. I'm still having trouble accepting that he is gone.
    Also, my parents getting a divorce. I wouldn't "stop" it, they have a lot of issues and the love has long been gone, but I would change the way that it is happening with my mom cheating and making up lies about my dad and allowing the man she is cheating on my dad with to call and harass me and my other siblings while she turns a blind eye to it. This year will be interesting and I have a feeling I'll be losing my mom since I flat out told her its us kids or him because I'll fight with my dad to make sure she doesn't get custody of the kids if that man is in her life.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Hugs to you all....
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My mom amd mil dying.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My friend having a stroke a week after she had her baby and my uncle dying suddenly of a heart attack.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011