how long did you wait to get pregnant if your first is c-section?

Did the second time takes longer or shorter for you to get better? It took me 4 weeks to feel a little nomal, just wonder for the 2nd time c-section will be easier or the same or worst?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I waited two and a half years before coming pregnant again. This one isn't here yet but I will be having another c-section.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• C-section is not your only option!!! I had a C-sec with my first and will be attempying a HB with a breech. VBAC is possible and much safer!!! What state do you live in??? Message me if you need help or more info.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• three months and got pregnant after five, they said it was risky to have a natural birth though that close together, they recomend a year to heal. I am personally very happy with my decision because now my kids are 4 and 3 and get to do a lot together and it makes it easier on me and them they are little buddies, its all what you are comfortable with. My kids are barely 14 months apart, its very hard in the beginning but I am so glad I am done with the baby making got the two and we are on are way to growing up, if that makes any sense. and if you are ever in doubt ask your doctor, i dont know what your surgey was like or if you had complications, those are all things to consider too! Good luck!!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had my girls 25 months apart and both were born via c-section. The recovery the 2nd time was about the same as the 1st for me.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 3 years apart. My first c-section was an emergency one, so healing time was longer. My second was planned and it was SO much easier. I was up and about about 8 hours after the surgery. I was out shopping a day after I came home. Pain was more or less a minor discomfort as opposed to the first.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ideally you should wait 18-24 months before becoming pregnant again whether you had a cesarean the previous time OR a vaginal delivery. it takes about that long for everything to go back to "normal" in your body.

that being said, my second was a cesarean and when she was only 4 months old we got pregnant again. OOPS! but nevertheless, i had to have a repeat c-section, when it was time to deliver my second was only 13 months old, same age as my previous scar. it was way too weak to try to have a VBAC. but after the 2nd c-section, i healed much quicker. i was back to myself in one week, whereas after the first c-section i was miserable for a good 4-5 weeks!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My 4th and 5th were both csections born 20 months apart. The recovery after my 5th was much quicker.

Answer by missanc at 3:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011