do i really need one?

ok, do i really need a crib if i am going to cosleep?? i know when my baby gets older it will need something for naps, so i planned on getting a playpen. but do i really need a crib?

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you're going to co-sleep, then no.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well.. I was told you have to have one in case social services start investigating you for whatever reason... not having a crib looks bad.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I co-slept with my babies and I just bought a pack-n-play instead of a crib. I guess it depends on how long you want to co-sleep for if you want to purchase a crib or not. I co-sleep with mine till they can transition into a toddler bed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• go with the playpen if you're going to co-sleep. this will cover all the bases in the future.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree just use a pack and play
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree about just getting a playpen, but you might stop wanting to co-sleep at some point and wish you had somewhere for baby to sleep on their own
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• There are no rules to it. Do what is right for you and your baby. My son co-sleeps because he was very colicky. It just works for us.
    lefultz87

Answer by lefultz87 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Nope. I co-slept until they were about 18 months then we just threw a twin mattress on the floor. When they got older we put it on bedrails with the headboard and all that jazz.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oh and naps were on the couch. Had a playpen and almost never used it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I just have to say this. Please be careful with co sleeping. My brother in law had twins 1 boy and 1 girl, the little boy was fussing so he went and took him from his crib. He went and slept with him on the couch, he woke up in the middle of the night and the baby had passed. Dr could not determine what killed him, suffication from rolling beside his dad or sids. He was 6 months old and they had slept this way with there first and scary thought continued with the serviving little girl.

I slept with my first two but will be very hesitant on sleeping with my baby due in May. I am not against it, just please be careful. RIP Gavin Webb.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011