I was bleeding for 10 days then 8 days later I start bleeding again wad up with that!?!?

I was on the Nuva ring for 2 months I took it out on dec19th and I bleed the 20th - 30th then I stopped I was still crampy tho.. But on new years eve I had unprotected sex and now today Jan 6th I'm bleeding again pretty heavy too!! Well I don't want to be pregnant right now my dh and I have been trying but on the second I found out that a family member was going to pay for me to go on vacation with them in June and this would never happen again so my dh and I talked and thought we should wait, but now I'm scared of being pregnant lol but I mean I would be okay with it. But could this be because im off my birth control?

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When you go off any kind of birth control it can really mess with your hormones and make your periods screwy. If you are concerned, take a test in a few weeks - and make sure you are having protected sex until after your vacation :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Lol oh we will!! I won't let him touch me with a ten foot pole I miss my family and would love to see them and my best friend!
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Getting off hormonal birth control will throw your periods out of wack. Also there is a chance you could be super fertile after stopping birth control so make sure you're protected if you want to prevent a pregnancy right now.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011