The state of economy + New techology

Do you all think the economy will really improve to its original state and better?
What do you think will be the next ebay, facebook, tweeter, myspace? What technology do you think will be the next iphone, b/c I want to buy stock now!

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• It's hard to say. My husband and I sit around and speculate how things could get any better then they already are. I mean, 10 years ago could you imagine even having the technology we do now? I remember my first cellphone thinking how awesome it was and now I have an iPhone and I still think the same thing, how much cooler can this get?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I believe it's going to be a very long time before we (as a country) will see any significant economical progress (and that this country may be changed permanently in many financial respects - we are deindustrialized regrettably). The best investing advice I can give (if not money markets- deemed safest) would be ideas revolving around social needs and personal economic survival (meaning both person and small business). Sorry that this is theoretical, but hope it is a start.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 3:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think it will be more of the same or slightly worse in the next few years. 

Demand for Wi-Fi is exploding with no end in sight.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It is going to be a long, long recovery. 2012 there might be improvement in the real estate market but 2011 is going to still be shaking down.

I wouldn't invest in speculative tech stocks but Apple and Microsoft are still good bets. Just wait until the market has another major drop before you buy.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011