Pre-Natals

I throw up constantly 1 hr after taking my pre-natals? Is that enough time for them to take?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 7:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did the same thing my doctor told me just to take the flintstone vitamins

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It should be but i had to stop taking them all together because they made me sick right after taking them everytime. Not saying thats what you should do.
    But yes i think thats enough time.
    Anonymous

• i think it takes less than thirty minutes for pills to get into your system so I think you good, have you tried drinking oj with them or does it even matter you'll get sick any way?
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• thats probably plenty of time for the to dissolve into the system. have you tried taking them right befor bed sometimes that helps. also try taking them with a glass of milk it gives you something to coat your tummy plus it will help them dissolve better. good luck. i your in your first trimester then it should go away here soon in your second.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Flintstone vitamins were all I could take when I was pregnant with my son. Get the regular vitamins, or the iron enriched if your doctor recommends that, and take two a day until birth or until finished nursing if you decide to go that route. Good luck!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i had trouble with the prenatal at first, but after i realized that i needed to take them on a full stomach, i have been taking them with no problems. it was sorta scary at first, because i didn't want to throw up on a full stomach, but it really does work. i would get SUPER nauseas if i hadn't eaten enough. try taking one right after lunch. lots of my friends suggested that too me and so did my OB. good luck!
    archiemama

Answer by archiemama at 8:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i had chewable prenatals...but i couldnt keep them down so the doc let me take 2 childrens flinstones vitamins and then extra iron and folic acid in little pills on the side. I was instructed to take them with some club crackers maybe with some peanut butter on them and some juice...it worked...
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 2:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would try eating first and see if that helps. Vitamins are important, take what ever you can keep down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• That should be enough time. Try taking another brand of vitimine if this one makes you sick. I took the cheep wal-mart brand and they worked for me.
    ryonnasmom

Answer by ryonnasmom at 3:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008