My son lost 2 pounds...

in 5 days and he is only 13 months old. He went to the doc today and is suppose to go in tomorrow if he still has diarhea or is vomitting. We found out that he also has a double ear infection and sinus infection. Should I just go ahead and bring him in even if he isn't eating and drinking{only a little at a time} I am concerned because he is such a runt to begin with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well take him right,

They can treat him with antibotics for his ears giving him some drops to ease his pain,
    If he doesnt have breathing problems use the vapor bath from johnsons for the sinus problem,

Giving him pedilite , will help keep him up to par, you dont want him getting so weak he has to go into the hospital,

What did they give him today?
    I hope he gets better!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yes I would bring him in if he isn't drinking a fair amount. It's not a big deal if he isn't eating.
    Keep a good eye on how much wet diapers he is having and how heavy they are.
    And if he is acting lethargic I would bring him right away.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• He has been active and they did give him a shot of rocephin but want to see him tomorrow if he has diarrhea and more vomitting. Then they will most likely admit him in the hospital...He is always happy even when he is sick, He has a double ear infection that I am surprised he hasn't been screaming his head off. He is just so happy and well a pleasant baby. I feel so bad for the little guy. He is on an apnea monitor since birth because he was a preemie. He still sets off his alarms at 13 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If you are worried or unsure of anything to do with him call your dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2008