Has anyone ever had a Placenta Accreta?

That is the technical term for the Placenta actually attaching through your uterine wall. The Maternal Fetal Specialist I am seeing suspects that this is developing with my pregnancy. Just wondering if anyone else had had this and what the complications were that arose? From everything he said and everything I have read, the major risks are for preterm delivery for the baby. For me, needing blood transfusions and hysterectomy.

Not really looking for someone to solve a problem for me, just someone that has had this. Or even knows someone who has.

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had Placenta Previa, not quite the same. Here's a bump for you, much luck to you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Last I knew, an emergency Hysterectomy is the only correction for this. I'll wish you the best of luck now and God Bless girl, stop googling and listen to your OB.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011