UGH! Why does my fever keep coming back!!!!? adult content

im becoming so frustrated with this damn fever! it started monday night, low-grade about 99.7, then worsened quickly overnight and woke up tuesday morning with it being 102.2. went to the doctor that morning, got diagnosed with strep throat and put on some meds, and had it twice more that same day and again tuesday night. yesterday, i didn't have it at all, but felt really bad. and i was in immense pain yesterday when i swallowed. but low and behold, it came back when i went to sleep last night and was 100.8 this morning. but it went away, and today i have felt wonderful. yea, im still sick but ive had energy and gotten so much done. maybe i did a bit too much, because now it's back to 99.9. not that high, but shit, why the hell does it keep coming back? i have to go get my daughter from school soon, and i really hate driving when i have a fever so i hope it doesn't spike within the hour. although i did take a motrin, it could still go up. ive been on antibiotics since tuesday, shouldn't i be over this fever crap?!?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• call your doctor you should not run a fever on an antibotic you may have been miss diagnosed
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 2:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• its definitely strep - i have the white streaks and spots on my tonsils. im just wondering if the zpak is too weak and my infection is too strong. but yea- im shivering now so the fever is going up. ugh - this sucks :(
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• she did swab right there in the office and the strip read positive for strep.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• see the weird thing is is I am feeling better. i can swallow with little discomfort and the spots are clearing up, but the fever doesn't seem to want to stay gone. it's not very high, but it worries me a little that it's not going away for good. i keep trying to remind myself that it's my body's way of fighting off infection, but then again the antibiotic should be doing that. i know strep can lead to other things like rheumatic fever and scarlet fever, im just hoping my strep isn't phasing into some other horrible infection :( nobody is answering at the doc's office either!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Strep throat sucks. I have it right now...actually getting over it I hope. The fever is on and off. You may need stronger antibiotics.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• they should have given u amoxicillan.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• @hisangel im allergic unfortunately :( i know its the best stuff tho!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2011