I need some answers please!

I'm almost 39 weeks and I'm already dilated 3 cm..60% effaced well that was a month ago...well last night me and my hubby had sex and i had contractions that started about 2 and didn't go away till about 5 or so this morning. well they stopped they were painful not even the tyneol made them stop. well about 5 they stopped. could their be a chance i'm dilated more now since i had contractions that long? other than sex what is a ways to get a baby to move down futher and make the contractions STRONG?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• castor oil i hear but i never tried it. walk a few miles
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You're most likely more dilated. Walking will also help speed things along, but babies have a tendency to come whenever they feel like it :)
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• dont try castor oil with out consulting your doctor.
    You can try though
    walking
    nipple stimulation
    more sex
    good luck and its possible you may have dialted alittle more.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Do not use what the first poster said unless you call your OB first. I'm pretty sure that is a big no no.
    Anonymous

• jeez i said i have never done it but heard....relax people. lol
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• you can try castor oil...my doc said there was no problem, shes has moms take a whole bottle of it, not knowing the correct dose (2oz) and have horrible contractions but nothing happens to their babies. No meconium or anything.. it will either work well or wont work at all, except to clean you out like its meant to do. Also Enemas are helpful, when i was contracting with my 1st pregnancy i did an enema and 6hrs later i was in the hospital with a beautiful baby boy in my arms...everything works differently for different people. Try what your willing to try and if you have questions ALWAYS ask your doc!
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2008