Why is it that men are afraid to have a indepent woman in thier life

Why wont a man let the woman be also the bread winner or is he afraid that she will make more money than the man

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband is not like that at all. We both work, and I actually make more money than he does.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Men want control. It drives my husband nuts that I'm independent, it causes issues in our relationship since he grew up learning that men control their women and tell them what to do. :( he wasnt like this before marriage but after we got married he started to try to control me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My thoughts based on my life experiences so far........

Not all men are afraid of independent women.

There are many men in this world (my husband is one of them) who not only appreciate a woman's own independence, but also respect it and view it as a valuable trait. A woman's independence goes far beyond just earning her own money, a woman's independence lays just as much in her thoughts, opinions, beliefs and actions as it does in her ability to earn a dollar. A man, who truly respects and appreciates their partner, also truly respects and appreciates these aspects of her . A man who does not respect, appreciate and even admire his partner's independent qualities is an unsure man. A man that is sure of himself, his abilities and his qualities, has no issue with a woman who also has those qualities.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• There's too much drama when u hook up w a man like that. SO isn't like that and it allows us to focus on our relationship and there's no power struggle.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Not all men are like that. Some love independent women, they feel better knowing they could take care of themselves.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i dont know a man who is afraid of that. the men i know WANT independent women in their lives.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My husband is not like that. If I would work, to where he has relocated for work, I would make more than him actually. However he doesn't want a woman who "needs" him for everything. If I was that woman this marriage would never have worked. I am independant, raising 2 babies, and have spent the last 2 years of our marriage apart more than together. And his being gone so much meant I choose to stay home, because I feel these are the important years. But when I return to work, it's me who makes the bank LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• indepent?
    My ex wanted a very independent woman who would make her own money so that he could stash his salary in a secret account. men can be evil.
    Anonymous

• My son loves/respects my independence. I work, he works. I have more education than him(college wise) but he loves that. He loves that I can support myself, have my own thoughts, and just my own person. He has no respect for women who refuse to pull their own weight though or refuses to work, especially if the family needs the income.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I just think some people are meeting the wrong men. My husband would not know what to do with someone who was not strong and independent. I make more money, but why does it matter because it all goes to the same place (our household) we both are doing the best we can to support our family.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011