Agree with this article? Robert Gibbs has been, " politically disastrous" for the Obama Administration?

NPR:  ...[F]ew press secretaries have ever done more harm to a president they could so easily have helped. Gibbs, who announced today that he will exit his position in early February, following in the footsteps of much of the rest of the team that came to the White House from the 2008 campaign, was never a particularly good communicator. A bland and forgettable player during a long presidential run when the focus was almost exclusively on the candidate, Gibbs emerged shortly after the election as the face of the new administration. That proved to be politically disastrous for the president. Thin-skinned and prone to attacking friendly critics, he did more than anyone except former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel to create and expand the progressive "enthusiasm gap" that so harmed Democrats in the 2010 election cycle. Noting the "contempt" that Emanuel, Gibbs and other departing administration aides displayed for grassroots Democrats — and progressive values — former Democratic National Committee chair Howard Dean got the sentiment right when he said Wednesday: "As they say, don't let the door hit you in the you-know-what on the way out."....

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If he wasn't good for them, then why is he going to work on Obama's campaign going forth? Or is this a way to throw him under the bus?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Let me guess...Obama made a mistake in hiring? Tell me it isn't so.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• wow i wished that i was interested in politics more!! Good for you
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Exactly Quinn, I wonder why that is?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, but, I also think he's being scapegoated. He's a problem, but he wasn't the root of the problem. There's a reason he lasted as long as he did.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I just thought he was a dork

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• lets face it Obama is bad for Obama's aministration.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I also wonder, if he was so disastrous, why is he just now being released? Two years later? Something tells me there's more to this story than what we're hearing.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 3:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I used to laugh at some of his press conferences....he was sooooo unprofessional, defensive and argumentative at times, I found myself saying out loud, "does he not realize every utterance he makes is going to be broadcast around the world before he leaves the friggin podium?! LOL Oh well. No loss.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Just another idiot in his administration. No big deal. I'm gonna miss my daily laugh
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011