How can I switch From Milk to Water at Night ?

My daughter has been given a bottle at 2 in the morning, filled with milk, and i wanted to switch to water, because i heard that its bad for them to have milk at night because of their teeth. But she knows the difference between water and milk and if she doesn't get her milk she'll cry and scream her head off until she gets it. A pacifier works too, but every once in a while. Someone told me that try using a sippy cup but she doesn't really like it, she'll drink it during lunch and once in a while, but otherthan that its always the bottle. Anyone help !

angieecruzer

Asked by angieecruzer at 7:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we started watering my sons milk down alittle every night untill it was nothing but water and then amazing he just stopped waking up at 2am for that feeding and slept through the night.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• does that reallywork cause im trying to do the same with my daughter. she is ok with sippycups but not when its sleep time shewants the baba
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• yeah someone told me that i should try to lower the milk until its water, i think i'm going to try that. thanks for the tip
    angieecruzer

Answer by angieecruzer at 12:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it at this age she will give up her 2am feeding soon enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• how old is she?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• my daughter is 8 1/2 months but i would like to try to switch though
    angieecruzer

Answer by angieecruzer at 11:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008