Anyone had to take Prometrium during pregnancy?

I was wondering if anyone ever had to take prometrium during pregnancy? if so what was the outcome? Side effects? Any information you have would be appreciated

KStone516

Asked by KStone516 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• what is that? and why do you want to take it?
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I took it for the first trimester. Not really any notable side effects, except for getting a little queasy from it (or the pregnancy, who knows). The Prometrium did its job and I went on to have a healthy baby.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have had a lot of miscarriages and they figured out it was due to low levels of progesterone. Prometrium help up those levels. It sounds like there has been a lot of success with it but I just started it and have noticed a quesy feeling and headaches and wanted to see what other people have gone though with it.
    KStone516

Comment by KStone516 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My doctor refused to give it to me when my progesterone showed up low and I'm currently having a miscarriage so if they prescribed it you and you have the option...take it. It's much better than the alternative...trust me.

You don't want to be sitting at home alone, in pain, bleeding knowing their is nothing you can do to save your baby. :(
    Anonymous

• I am very sorry to hear that. I have had 5 miscarriages so I feel your pain. I was just happy to find a doctor who finally cared enough to figure out what was going on and what the best course of action would be. Of course there are no garauntees but at least it feels like I am doing something instead of just waiting for something bad to happen.
    KStone516

Comment by KStone516 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had progesterone injections every week for like 34 weeks. Not quite the same, but yes you get a little nausea and light headedness. Just as you would if you made enough progesterone yourself. Anonymous I am so sorry. I've had one miscarriage because the doctor refused to give me any supplement until it was too late. Find a high risk OB in your area. You can get in touch with one by calling the hospitals.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011