My 8 month old baby girl have eae infection can you please tell me what to do

janki_patel1985

Asked by janki_patel1985 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take her to the pedi for antibiotics. if youve done this the only thing you can do is try to make her as comfortable as possible and maybe give her tylonel if you think she needs it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• How do u know it is an ear infection?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The only way to know for sure is to get her to the Dr. If she does, he can prescribe an antibiotic. Meijer & many other stores offer free antibiotics for many brands. Also, you can give her infant tylenol or advil to help w/ any pain or fever. If she starts getting a lot of them, you may have to look into ear tubes down the road. Also, if anyone in the house smokes, make them go outside. Good luck- hope she feels better soon.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If you have not done so I would take her to the doctor and have her checked out to make sure that is what is wrong. If you already did this, then give baby tylenol or motrin for pain and if the doctor prescribed meds give that as well. Then try to keep her comfortable and try to get her to rest. When my boys had ear infections I would put a warm, wet washcloth on their ear and the warm moist heat seemed to give relief.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Is that supposed to be ear or eye? Either way - CALL THE DOCTOR.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your reply everyone.
    janki_patel1985

Comment by janki_patel1985 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011