Would you have had children if you could do over?

If you knew what you knew now , would you have kids? I have 30, 27 and 14 and the older ones multiplied and now I have 4 grands. I am 46 and I don't see the light. It feels sometimes as if I must learn to live with a incurable disease. I do all holidays all preparation and clean up. This job has gotta end someday, man!

rosetoes

Asked by rosetoes at 2:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes, definitely, just gone about it a bit differently. Would have started sooner, but gotten my degree first.
    It does sound as though you need to make some changes with all the work you do- Talk to the adults about needing them to step up. You might need to let go of some things, letting the others do things their way. Break it into specific assignments if you must. You might need a plan B, or even a plan C. Something like rotating to different homes, or reserving a room at a restaurant.
    Otherwise you are going to wind up worn out and very resentful, and that is not in the spirit of family. Hang in there, be loving and firm with them, and yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i would do it all again.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If I knew my children would be the same I would totoally have gone back into time and waited longer to have children.. When you are young liek I was it is much harder to try to live..
    Lacy_2

Answer by Lacy_2 at 2:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Yes, I would do it all over again and not regret a single second. Fortunately, I put my oldest daughter thru culinary arts school, so she has taken over family gatherings! The torch has been passed!
    my_daisy

Answer by my_daisy at 4:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I'm a firm believer on living life with few regrets since every decision I've made helped mold me into the person I am today - and I love who I am today! When I look back I think that I would probably do it all over again, but perhaps I would've waited a year until my husband and I were married first. But hey, I can't change an "oops" baby! LOL
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I would have done some things different but yes I would have kids again, I couldn't imagine my life without them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• although the road has been rocky at times, I wouldn't change it
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2008