Will anyone ever win?

You see post after post person after person always complaining why women don't breastfeed. They say it's because they are lazy, just want WIC, etc etc.
THEN you see ugh don't breast feed in public that is so wrong, no one wants to see anyone's boobs.

What's it going to be? You want women to breastfeed yet you want them away from the rest of the world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• People need to worry about their own households.

THIS^ and.... people need to stop worrying about what everyone else thinks-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 3:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You will never make everyone happy. People need to make educated decisions for their family and not worry what others think. Do wat you know is right in your heart..you will be damned by others either way so make the choice for your family.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Common courtesy... all the way around.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• shake hand

misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• everyone puts down women who dont breastfeed what about the women who couldnt i wanted to breastfeed but i didnt produce enough milk i had no choice but formula
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 4:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

Both of these.... and we need to educate people too... momofalltrades, it's possible you got mislead. We see it only too often and it's AWFUL and it's NEVER the mom's fault!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• That's society for you.. nothing is ever good enough and there is always something to complain about... that's not saying I don't complain myself because I do. I always thought it was kind of rude of people to just plop their boob out in public to feed a baby, that was until one of my friends and I went to the mall and she did it while we were eating. I laughed and said you are going to do that here?!?! She didn't cover up until the baby was latched on so she was showing herself to anyone that happened to look our direction. She's like well she's got to eat. I just laughed and went back to my meal. She did look around and no one was looking at us or really around us, but I still think it's polite to cover up at least so no one but you can see what you are doing.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• popcorn

Anonymous

• >What's it going to be? You want women to breastfeed yet you want them away from the rest of the world.

Well it's not quite that simple. You're not dealing with a conflicting person. You're dealing with conflicting view points of different people. Making one group happy by, let's pretend it's possible, finding a way to make everyone breastfeed then you'd have a group of DIFFERENT grumblers whining about seeing boobs in public. Not the same unhappy, worried about how your kid is fed folks, a whole new ticked off group of people.

The reality, however, is that *most* people really don't care whether you breast feed or not, nor where you do it. *MOST* don't. The ones that do, sadly, happen to have bigger mouths with more obnoxious voices. ;) I honestly believe that the vast majority of people don't give a hoot what another parent does. Those people just don't feel compelled to broadcast it as a rule.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 4:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011