Are you happy with the name you named your child. Is there anything that you would do differently?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 3:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• I want to change the spelling of my oldest. Cam'Ron<~~~~ Should be pronounced as seen , but every one, including me, pronounces it Cameron. I'd love to change his name but he says he loves it, so it will remain.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I wish I had known how many dang Aidens there are in the world...not to mention variations like caden, jaden, braden...ect. I wanted to change his name before he was born but a bunch of people had made things with his name on it that I couldnt change it at that point. I am really sick of hearing "Oh my cousin's bestfriend's sons name is Aiden". It IS his name now and i've learned to deal with it but I betcha he'll want to go by his middle name or something...just be differentiate.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My kids have traditional first names and family middle names- I would not change a thing.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I love what I named her. I would have liked to name her after my grandma but he didn't like the name. What she is named now suits her perfectly.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well, my husband named our son and he was debating between Max and Oscar and I think at 3, he looks more like an Oscar but I still love his name :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I love my kids names but I would change the spelling of my first childs....At the time I really wanted to have a different spelling but even though its not too bad and people dont call him by the wrong name we cant buy the things with names on them already since his spelling is different.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I still love the name but sometimes I look at the spelling change I made and think maybe it is a little odd (Izaiah instead of Isaiah) but I'm still not sure I like the original spelling any better, plus his name makes him who he is, odd letter and all. On top of that, we always call him Zaiah, so it works with the z.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• my oldest son --jessi I would of picked a stronger mascular name and speeled it different so I could buy things with his name on it
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My son's middle name, I named him after my mother's husband at the time (they were together from the time I was 14 until I was 29) He was very important in my life, much more like a father than my own. But when he decided he wanted a divorce, everything changed and I wish I would have known and named him after someone else.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I wanted to name my son Aaron or Caleb, but my husband didn't; we ended up naming him Daniel, and it's perfect. My girls' names suit them too, though I didn't realize beforehand that with nicknames they'd end up sounding so similar. Their names are Keely and Leah. The little ones call Keely "Kia" which sounds very close to Leah, and we all call Leah "Lee-Lee" which sounds very close to Keely. It does cause some confusion sometimes.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011