i dyed my hair yesterday and he did a hug mistake.my hair now is very dark black,like a coal.i need tips to make it at least alittle lighter

mamishad

Asked by mamishad at 3:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You're going to have to wait a couple weeks till you can maybe bleach it. Dying it back to back isnt good for your hair.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oh! That's not good. When ur hair is black u need to strip it to get another color.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well, at this point you can either leave it or go to a professional, that's if you don't want to ruin your hair.
    You can't color over color. Buying a box of lighter color will either do nothing but break of your hair, or turn it orange.
    You need to have the color removed professionally then recolored.
    Please don't buy that color remover from Sallys! Back in beauty school it was on my hair for 4 minutes and it all fell out!!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have seen these thing day in day out! Almost forgot, don't try to bleach your own hair either! You will cause more damage. You don't want a chemical haircut! I can't tell you how many horror stories I could tell you in my career fixing that stuff.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Wash it several times with dish liquid. It'll strip some of the color out.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If you really are unhappy with the way your hair was colored the recommendation would be to go to a salon or drugstore and purchase a hair color remover especially for the hair. They recommend you follow the instructions that come with it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I tried the whole hair stripper last weekend and let me tell you IT was a HUUUUGE fail...I ended up looking like a calico cat...Went to the salon and they died it DARK brown/black..then I came home and put purple hair dye over it.My hair didnt fall out lol but my head SURE itches :( When ever i dont like the color i dyed my hair i just dye it the darkest black and let it fade lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree with using dish liquid to help strip the color. Prell and Pert shampoos, as well as clarifying and dandruff shampoos, are notorious for stripping hair color. Use hot water when you wash your hair.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oh, and do not use any at home chemical hair color stirpper. It will ruin your hair.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• the fastest thing I have found to strip color would be Head and Sholders or Prell shampoo
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 6:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2011