C-section scar: tingling??

20 months post-partum do you still experience tingling in the area of your c-section scar?

PatricksMama07

Asked by PatricksMama07 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 4 and I STILL feel it sometimes. dr told me it was normal.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, it has been 23 years for me. But, as with any other scar I have, that's normal for any scar tissue.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No - I had 2 csections, one 26 months ago, and one 6 months ago. I don't have any issues with my scar, I hardly notice it's there anymore.

Answer by missanc at 3:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• yes i did for a few years but no longer do and it has been 7 years....nothing to worry about. battle scar from childbirth! lol
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, my youngest is 5 and I still get tingling numbness and sometimes sharp shooting pains.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 3:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's been 10 months for me and the scar is still pretty red. I don't really get tingly feelings but it is STILL numb!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i didn't have a c-section, but i did have a total abdominal hysterectomy a couple months ago, and was just thinking about this same issue!!!! Thanks ladies, for inadvertently answering my question too :)

The amazing thing is that it itches, stings, and is numb all at the same time. Not something my gyno warned me about.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 4:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011