Do u have any privacy in your own home?

i think as soon as i try to sneak off to use the restroom or take a bath here they come beating down the door as if it's an emergency . never fails even the hubsis walking in and wanting to talk. This cannot be normal. i usually have to wait until everyone is asleep to relax and have a peaceful bath but by then i just want to hurry up and go to bed> grrrr!

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 3:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is there such a thing? I cant even go to the bathroom without my kids banging on the door the minute I close it. The only time I get peace is when they go to bed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• yeah i was going to say - when they are all sleeping i have peace... and i hate to say it but we have a wii and when dh and ds play together i have peace.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Here's my theory, we as moms are so busy running here and there cleaning, shopping, cooking, and taking care of everyone else. That when we get a second to relax and are actually still that's when we get bombarded with all the questions because no one can catch us otherwise.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Pri-va-cy??? What is that??
    No I have no privacy. Peeing is a team event here.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have absolutely no privacy AT ALL! I'm a divorced mom of an almost 4 y/o. We are attached at the hip. I move, she moves. :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• nope my son is only 6 months old but even when im in the shower the hubby fells the need to come say hi and bring the baby along for a chat lol and I never get to pee alone if its not someone barging in my dog will scrtch at the door the second I close it even if I havent seen her for hours lol
    jadensmom14

Answer by jadensmom14 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• There is absolutly no privacy in my house. Everyday as soon as I turn off the water in my shower while I am drying off the exact moment I don't want anyone to open the door and have the cold air hit me, my 3 year old walks in..everyday!
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, I do. I taught my girls to respect a closed door and to respect others. I also encourage them to have private time, not as punishment but as a way to learn to be comfortable with oneself. They understand what private time is and they understand the boundaries they have been taught.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 7:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Before I had a master bath there really wasn't. My bedroom didn't lock and the bathroom...don't ask.
    Now when I want privacy I go in my bedroom, lock the door and then go in my bathroom (which doesn't lock). I turn the window fan on in the room and then the exhaust fan in the bathroom and then I can't hear the little heathens banging on the door, lol. They won't die if I'm out of their sight for 5 minutes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• only when i lock the bathroom door
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2011