how do you deal with the stress of having a shhool age child and a baby?

I have a 5 month old and a 7 yr old and is having a problem i guess you can say releasing stress and getting "me time". I feel like my day is so demanding with my baby and then at 3pm i have my 7 year old who needs my attenttion also. I finally get a chance to rest about 10pm.Even then im so tired and fell like there is no time for me to enjoy what i enjoy to do like latch hook, read, or even watch tv. How do you find time to take it easy and enjoy your "me time"?

strongnbrave

Asked by strongnbrave at 3:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL My kids are 6 months, 2 yo, 9 yo, 10 yo, and 13 yo. Do you not get "me time" when your baby naps? Granted, it may not be doing enjoyable activities, because there's always laundry, cleaning, etc. You just have to work to fit it in. I have always watched "Days of Our Lives" which comes on during my younger kids naps - so I fold clothes or clean the kitchen while it's on. My older kids are in bed by (and my little ones are in bed at 7:30), so after that I'm "off duty" Anything that's not done can usually wait until the next day!

Answer by missanc at 3:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had the same age difference with my oldest and my 2nd child. My first is now 28, and 2nd is 21....plus I added a 3rd, who is 19 now. The first few years were kind of hard. My husband worked 6 & 7 days a week, and commuted 3-4 hours a day, so he couldn't really do much to help me. What really helped me to get through it was joining the M.O.M.'s Club. It's a national organization, so they may have one near you. I made so many good friends, joined play groups, they even had a babysitting co-op, pre-school co-op, and mom's and parents nights out in our group. All these years later, I'm still friends with many of the women I met in M.O.M.'s Club!!!

In the meantime, know that it will get easier......hugs to you!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i had my seocnd when my first was only 2. they are now almost 4 and almost 2. am 23 and sahm. i dont get me time at al. excpet when am going potty or taking a shower
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well first off its called being a parent. LOL I feel your pain. I have a 12 year old and a 19 month old plus work all day. So the only time I get me time is in the car on the way to and from the office. What you can do it maybe hire a local teen to come in for an hour or so in the evening one or two nights a week to help with the kids so you can read or catch up on tv or something like that.....My dh and I take turns with kid night that way we both get a break a couple nights a week. Or he plays with baby while I play with my son.... Hang in there momma.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No advice I am in the same boat so you are not alone :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011