I need help organizing my file cabinet......

I have two dwares top one for all loose ends and piled up papers and the bottom with paper work in folders how can i organize it better and not have it look like a mess top and bottom? This is my one down fall for organizing paper work. What kind of file system do you have and how do you label things? I have the obvious gas, electric, water, etc no phone bill cause we have a magic jack instead so no bill just $20.00 a year it works great by the way i love it anyways what can i put up top so it dont get piled high? I have a small computer desk next to it which collects clutter too.

alangel17

Asked by alangel17 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Home & Garden

• To eliminate clutter of paper you really need to be diligent, but it's not hard. Simply take all your files and sort them on a table or floor. See what categories you have. Make clear labeled file folders for each item. I would recommend if you can't file it as the papers come in, set aside one or two days a week to get everything put away. Put one file folder in the front of the drawer labeled TO BE FILED. Spending 5 minutes here or there a couple days a week is much better than spending 1/2 - 1 hour filing.

I spent 10 years as an administrative assistant specializing in organizing offices so I love organizing!! :-) But papers are the most difficult clutter to keep contained.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thankyou ill try that. just for some reason the top always is cluttered and the bottom well cluttered with papers needed to be filed. i use to be really good at this when i didnt have a file cabinet i used a binder then i recieved more bills as i moved and it became over whelming. This is how my husband wants things to be because he said it would be easier for him if he needed something and then it ended up being a clutter magnet for me. lol
    alangel17

Answer by alangel17 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008