is it just me?

my husband is in the navy, and when he is home, we dont do much. we have a 13 month old little girl and im prego. when he is home, he only offers to rent movies, or hang out at home. he always wants to do something that doesnt involve spending to much money. he doesnt ever want to go out anywhere with me and my daughter. ever. BUT, when he is out to sea, like right now he is in florida, he goes out on cruises and does karaoke, and goes to bars, and goes to the mall etc... which is NOT cheap.

is it just me or am i being to emotional about this? i feel hurt, like while im home, with the kids, i dont go anywhere cause i want to save for x mas. he is out partying his ass off. for some reason to me it feels like he has all the fun, and doesnt care to make things interesting when he's home. i dont know im just hurt. how would any of you feel if you were in my shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Heck yes I'd be pissed!!! I would be hurt, more than anything! I can understand the need, especially for the great service he is providing for our country, to go out and let loose. But, then again, he is a married man AND not to mention a FATHER! He should act like that, and not like my 18 yo cousin who does nearly the same things as your dh! Sheesh. Also, what's up with him not wanting to spend any time with his family? ANd by time, I mean in civilization. Not just in your own house. I'd feel like my dh was ashamed of me and the kids, jmo. Talk to him about it. Really, let him know how you feel.
    Anonymous

• I'd probably be unhappy, too. All I can think of is maybe he considers home a refuge. Maybe he plays when away to help fight the loneliness.

Answer by Bmat at 7:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• IT JUST AINT RIGHT!!!
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008