How to help my niece get potty trained adult content

my Niece is having a bad time whating to be potty trained and I would like to help her out of Diaper. Her parents are seperated wright now and she spends the week with her mother and the weekends with her father thats when Ihave her the most is when she is with her father. So I would likr to get her out of Diapers and on her way to being a happy 2 1/2 year girl.

auntie335

Asked by auntie335 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make sure she is ready to do it--otherwise you will be fighting an uphill battle. Be supportive, but not too pushy. Make her feel proud and excited!
    lefultz87

Answer by lefultz87 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• talk to the mother and take her lead
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If she's not ready don't force her. Let her watch you or her mom. Kids learn by imitation.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You know what worked for my son. I bought a musicial potty toilet and that interested him to learn how to go pee. I would keep asking him if he had to go pee so that he wouldnt go in his diaper.
    Sunshine2603

Answer by Sunshine2603 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Why don't you let her mother decide this? Maybe she is waiting for her to adjust to her own parents separating.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Let her go free willy at your house and make sure she has a little potty and you've told her what to do. But make sure mom is on board with this.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2011